Anza Growth Fund Accounting Internship
|Job Title:||Anza Growth Fund Accounting Intern|
|Application Deadline:||October 31st 2018|
Anza is a Tanzanian organisation that provides entrepreneurs the capacity, capital and community they need to thrive via the Anza Accelerator, Growth Fund and Anza Hub spaces. Our services assist entrepreneurs to strengthen their operations, increase profitability, and scale their social impact to create more jobs and improve access to underserved markets. Anza is also actively engaged in shaping and maturing the Tanzanian innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Anza seeks a highly talented and passionate Accountant to lead the Anza Growth Fund (AGF) in Accounting, Clients due diligence, portfolio risk analysis and loan repayments follow-ups from our AGF clients across Arusha, Moshi, Lindi and Mtwara of Tanzania.
- Perform initial reviews of new applicants to the Anza Growth Fund and ensure that all documents and information has been submitted, and that all requirements have been met.
- Assist the Loan Officer to gather any outstanding due diligence information by coordinating with Anza Business Development Advisors and entrepreneurs.
- Conduct an initial risk assessment of each loan applicant, to be submitted to the Loan Officer and Director for review.
- Perform an assessment of each loan applicant’s financial information – historical and projected – by verifying and testing certain balances.
- Prepare invoices to existing loan clients in advance of their scheduled loan payments.
- Enter all loan payments received into the accounting software; update client invoice tracking sheet.
- Follow up with clients on any overdue, unpaid invoice amounts.
- Do any other work assigned by Director of Capital Services which deals with financial matters related to the Anza Growth Fund.
Requirements for this Position
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting and Finance
- Detailed knowledge of in accounting, risk analysis, due diligence procedure and reporting
- Fluent English and Swahili both oral and written
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft office
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include AGF Accountant in the subject line.