Business Development Advisor
Business Development Advisor
Lindi &/or Mtwara
TZS 1.5 to 3 mil (salary is based on qualifications & years of experience)
16th of March
Anza is working with the Aga Khan Foundation to provide business development services to 240 micro and small agri-businesses located in the Lindi and Mtwara regions with the aim of helping these businesses to grow, improve profitability and increase employment in the regions. This will be accomplished through group trainings and one-on-one advisory services.
Anza seeks a highly talented and experienced Business Development Advisor to engage with clients in a strategic consulting relationship through which technical expertise and advising are employed to improve business processes and spur growth. Specific responsibilities include:
Client Service Delivery (85%)
- Provide direct services to clients through facilitation of group trainings and one-on-one advisory.
- Work closely with clients in order to improve key business skills.
- Provide informed, strategic, and realistic advice to help clients meet their objectives, or shift their objectives towards better sustainability/profitability.
- Employ the Anza Toolkit throughout engagement with clients.
- Connect clients to other services such as the Anza Growth Fund in addition to external funding sources, advising on how further investment impacts their business growth.
- Connect clients to market opportunities.
General Administration (15%)
- Maintain appropriate accounting for expenses and compliance with administrative policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the Business Development Manager to report progress and implement evaluations.
- Maintain consistent and accurate use of all work planning tracking tools.
- Maintain client files and reports and coordinate with colleagues.
- Collect frequent monitoring data for Anza’s evaluation purposes.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
The Business Development Advisor will be an expert in business development in the region. S/he will understand the landscape of business and SME development in Tanzania and will have the network and skills to grow Anza’s support to clients. Successful candidates must navigate fast-paced and resource-constrained environments with enthusiasm, patience, and imagination. Qualifications include:
- Experience working in Tanzania or other growing African economies with micro, small and medium enterprises.
- Strong financial foundation, including financial statement development, profitability analysis, cash flows, etc.
- Self-starter, with ability to produce results within budget and time deadlines.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple deadlines – must be both strategic and operational.
- Ability to work with high-profile individuals by demonstrating high levels of discretion, professionalism, and responsiveness.
- Deep understanding of strategies of how to help businesses grow.
- Ability to “think outside the box”.
- Experience working in the agriculture sector required, with experience specifically in the sunflower value chain preferred.
- Familiarity with Tanzanian business regulations and relevant governing bodies.
- Unrelenting perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills.
- Management consulting experience strongly preferred.
- Candidates must possess excellent computer skills.
- Minimum 4 years of experience, work with entrepreneurs/SMEs required.
- University degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Must be a Tanzanian national with excellent written and oral English and Swahili.
- Must hold a valid drivers licence.
- Must be able to drive a motorbike or willing to learn.