Business Development Advisor
APPLICATION WINDOW NOW CLOSED
Thank you to all of you who applied for this role. We are currently reviewing applications and conducting interviews.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants if you do not hear from us it means you were unsuccessful on this occasion.
Rolling Start Dates
Business Development Advisor
Senior Client Strategist & Managing Director
Arusha, Tanzania (1 month induction in Moshi)
Full time – 45 hrs per week
Anza seeks a highly talented and experienced Business Development Advisor to engage with clients in a strategic consulting relationship through which technical expertise and advising are employed to improve business processes and spur growth.
Open to Tanzanian citizens.
Strategic Advising (50%)
- Work closely with clients in order to improve strategic thinking and articulate a business plan that demonstrates impact, growth and long-term financial sustainability.
- Provide informed, strategic, and realistic advice to help client meet their objectives, or shift their objectives towards better sustainability/profitability.
- Devise a living work plan, which will guide the relationship with the client.
- Generate financial statements and profitability analyses.
- Employ the Anza Toolkit throughout engagement with clients.
- Connect clients to other services such as the Anza Growth Fund in addition to external funding sources, advising on how further investment impacts their business growth.
- Connect clients to market opportunities.
Client Recruitment and Relationship Management (25%)
- Participate in new client recruitment efforts.
- Evaluate new applications and conduct prospective client interviews.
- Intake new clients and complete full induction process.
- Conduct site visits to fully understand all aspects of the business and identify key opportunities and challenges in the areas of human resources, financial management, marketing, sales and branding, etc.
- Manage a portfolio of 10 clients working in a range of sectors, maintaining regular communication, conducting site visits, and engaging in other ways to provide real time advising.
Trainings, Contracts and External Relations (15%)
- Facilitate trainings, workshops, and other events for Anza clients and the wider community.
- Represent Anza in panels, working groups, and other external-facing engagements.
- Contribute to external contract work as required.
- Facilitate partnership development and engagement, completing tasks as required.
General Administration (10%)
- Maintain client files and reports and coordinate with colleagues.
- Collect frequent monitoring data for Anza’s evaluation purposes.
- Maintain appropriate expense reporting and comply with administrative policies and procedures.
We are looking for individuals who can bring lasting impact to our work. We are seeking candidates who will navigate fast paced and resource-constrained environments with enthusiasm, patience, a sense of humour and imagination. Qualifications include:
- Demonstrated passion for introducing innovation to African markets in order to create employment and transform economies.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple deadlines – must be both strategic and operational.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and determined.
- Experience working within the social business landscape very beneficial.
- Background in finance or ability to produce financial reports/projections for clients strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of go-to-market strategies and growth strategies for businesses in the area of tech/IT, consumer goods, professional services, education, etc.
- Deep understanding of strategies of how to help businesses grow. Ability to “think outside the box”.
- Ability to work with high profile individuals and companies by demonstrating high levels of professionalism.
- Candidates must possess excellent computer skills.
- Minimum 4 years experience, work with entrepreneurs/SMEs required.
- Must be a Tanzanian national with excellent written and oral English and Swahili.
- Undergraduate degree required.