Finance & HR Intern
Capricorn Institute of Technology
Capricorn Institute of Technology
Finance and HR Intern
Uzunguni – Arusha
Monthly stipend allowance of TZS 150,000/=
19th October 2018
Capricorn Institute of Technology is under private limited Company named Capricorn Technologies Company Limited (CTCL). CIT aims to help many people from the scratch background; from no required qualifications to high level of professionalism. CIT is a registered body by VETA and NACTE. It is also examination center for NECTA and QT.
The main target of CIT is to reach as large number of people as possible, so as to assure them with bright future in their professionalism. Many employers in and out of the country will find CIT graduates meet their requirements under VETA and NACTE qualifications.
We are looking for a highly talented and experienced Finance & HR Officer Intern to take our College to next level. This is a three (3) month commitment that may result into recruitment as a full time employee.
The Finance & HR Officer Intern will be responsible for the following activities:
Assist the Finance Lead on:
- Book keeping by recording all the company transactions on an ERP system with careful consideration to the chart of accounts, project codes and statutory deductions/contributions;
- Ensuring that the organisation complies to IAS, IFRS and the GAAPS in the reporting and that the Accounting records are up to date at all times
- Cary out Bank Reconciliation every month;
- Managing the petty cash box and general cash disbursements using the imprest method;
- Managing an up to date fixed asset register;
- Follow up with students on outstanding payments using the aged receivables reports;
- Payroll including payslips, TRA Remittances , WCF and NSSF/PSSSF payments, and consultant/service provider payments including withholding taxes;
- Reconciling invoices and students payments on a weekly basis, managing aged receivables, and other finance-related needs as may arise;
- Staying abreast of updates on government policies and legislation, particularly monitoring publications on Tanzania’s Official Gazette;
- Preparation of general paper work for submission to government entities, parastatal organizations, investors, donors and other parties, as may be needed by the College and regulators;
Assist on HR duties, including:
- Enforcing HR policies (as per Employee Handbook) and ensuring all employees understand and adhere to these policies;
- Being an impartial and unbiased representative of employees to the company, and of the company to employees;
- Ensuring all contracts and staff records (documents/letters/forms) are properly completed and filed, and that these adhere to corporate and regulatory policies;
- Helping to on-board new staff, off-board departing staff, enforcing finance (and HR) policies, and liaising with external consultants (finance, HR) as needed;
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
The Finance & HR Officer will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Commerce or Accounting, with a minor in Human Resources Management;
- At least 3 month of experience as Accountant, Senior Bookkeeper or as HR Manager; procurement skills and knowledge of the labour law are highly desirable;
- Ability to negotiate with government, Agencies and contractors, follow correct regulatory and procurement procedures;
- Ability to conduct Microsoft Excel-based analysis and reporting;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both oral and written, in Swahili and English, particularly for legal and regulatory letters/documents and for investor reporting;
- Must be highly skilled in computer productivity packages such as Microsoft Office, Google Apps and Social Medias;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and be sensitive to foreign
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision;
- Knowledge on using Accounting Package will be an added advantage
I you feel passionate with the job, kindly forward your application covering letter and a detailed Curriculum Vitae (Resume) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t attach the copies of your certificates at this stage.
The subject of the email should be “Capricorn Finance & HR Officer Intern 2018” Hand Delivery is strictly not acceptable.
Capricorn Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer, women are highly encouraged to apply.