Legal and Administrative Manager
|Job Title:||Legal & Administrative Manager|
|Location:||Arusha, with regular travel to Moshi & Mtwara|
|Salary:||1.5 to 2 million based on experience and level of education|
|Application Deadline:||APPLICATIONS CLOSED|
We believe local entrepreneurs are in the ideal position to identify and drive business solutions to the social, economic, and environmental problems that exist in their communities. That’s why we do what we do. We enable high-potential businesses in Tanzania to grow by providing them with access to personalised and strategic capacity building, affordable capital, and relevant networks via three core initiatives:
- The Anza Accelerator: an 8-month intensive and tailored journey that builds the capacity of entrepreneurs and businesses through strategic consulting and skills trainings
- The Anza Growth Fund: a fund that provides affordable and flexible financing to our entrepreneurs, giving them the funding and tools they need to expand their businesses
- Kili Hub: Tanzania’s largest co-working space which provides access to networks, mentors, and collaboration opportunities
Anza seeks a highly talented and passionate Legal and Administrative Manager (LAM) to lead the organization’s legal affairs, strategy and delivery of people development and talent management related to Anza offices across Arusha, Moshi, Lindi and Mtwara of Tanzania.
The Legal and Administrative Manager (LAM) is responsible for the design and execution of our Legal functions, Human Resource Management Strategy and System. S/he will lead all activities of legal, administrative and management Human Resources functions. The Legal and Administrative Manager (LAM) is expected to ensure good collaboration and coordination with all Anza’s stakeholders across the country, while ensuring the integrity and effectiveness of Anza’s distinct contribution to the attainment of our objectives. To achieve this, Anza requires an innovative, results-oriented individual who can create and deliver a vision, and ensure organisation compliance and managing team member expectations.
Legal and Administrative Manager (LAM) Functions
Legal and Administrative systems in place
100% compliance to laws and regulations
100% Compliance to migration and Employment laws
All required legal papers available on time
Consultation time set up and used
Value added contracts in place
Information and Reports provided
Staffing Management and plan
HR strategy document, 100% staff with job descriptions
Information and Reports provided
Implementation of Health and safety guidelines
On-time communication to Team member
Raise in staff morale, Team Member Feedback
PD plans and programmes conducted
We are looking for individuals who can bring lasting impact to our work, who are experts in the field of laws. Successful candidates must navigate fast-paced and resource-constrained environments with enthusiasm, patience, and imagination. We prefer those individuals who have previously taken on significant leadership and management responsibilities.
- Bachelors’ degree and hold a recognised professional qualification in Laws
- Detailed knowledge of Tanzanian laws including labour and other related laws
- Fluent English and Swahili both oral and written
- Knowledge of Legal systems, HRMS and database
- Desirable: Additional qualifications in conflict management, coaching and mentoring, training development
- Successfully held management position for at least 3 years.
- At least 1 year experience of developing and successfully implementing a strategy for legal systems and HR aligned with organisational objectives.
- Proven ability to train and develop others
- Experience of managing people in a multi-location environment
Skills and Abilities
- Able to develop and articulate a clear strategic vision of Legal and HR
- Negotiation, influencing and conflict management skills
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise workload to meet deadlines without compromising on high standards
- IT literate with ability to identify and integrate relevant tech into Legal and HR systems for scale
- Able to manage and motivate teams to achieve targets and to achieve organisational change
- Proven ability to ‘sell’ ideas, concepts
How To Apply
To apply for this position please send your Resume/CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th May 2018. Please include “Legal and Administrative Manager (LAM)” in the subject line.