|Job Title:||Programme Associate|
|Location:||Dar Es Salaam|
|Application Deadline:||4th February 2019|
Anza is an innovation organisation founded on the belief that entrepreneurs will transform Tanzania. Understanding the challenges faced by many growing enterprises, Anza provides them personalised and strategic capacity building, affordable capital and relevant networks. Through this robust range of offerings, Anza meaningfully assists to grow businesses that create more jobs and provide life-improving products or services to low income Tanzanians.
Are you passionate about nurturing entrepreneurs? Do you enjoy research and engaging with people? Would you like to learn more about entrepreneurship and early stage investing?
Anza is looking for an Associate who will find, evaluate and onboard suitable social enterprises into our Investment Readiness Accelerator Programme, as well as plan and execute the logistics of the program itself. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is passionate about nurturing entrepreneurs. One who enjoys research and engaging with people. They will have exposure to ecosystem development, investment readiness training and early stage investing.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Organize and manage workshops for our clients (i.e. entrepreneurs).
- Manage the defined workshop budget and petty cash. Ensure that all payments are made accurately and on time
- Manage the logistics for 3 to 4 day training workshops, i.e. accommodation, flights, venue, catering, transport
- Support with the agenda and speakers; tracking speakers and mentors ensuring all sessions are filled
- Ensure that Anza’s brand is visible during the workshops, i.e. prepare attractive collateral such as event invitations, handouts, name tags and signage. Also manage the organization’s local social media presence.
- Document and share the key takeaways and performance indicators at the end of each workshop
- Build a community of partners and stakeholders
- Attend and represent Anza in conferences, networking events and mentoring opportunities.
- Work with programme manager to onboard our clients / entrepreneurs.
Requirements for this Position
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 2 – 6 years
Job Field: Administration / Project Management
Does this sound like you?
- Believe in Anza mission and you like to sell what you believe in. This role will constantly be explaining the value of the programme to entrepreneurs, pipeline partners and others
- Have at least 2 – 6 years’ experience
- Curious and willing to learn, i.e. enjoys research and learning more about entrepreneur incubators.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship management and project management skills. Facilitation skills are a plus
- Detail-oriented, i.e. committed to accuracy, highest-quality results, go the extra mile
- Able to create and manage your outreach plan including criteria, track contacts, results and report on your plan
- Able to create attractive marketing material / collateral
- Pre-existing network in the startup and investment community is a big plus
- Pre-existing training or work experience in business and/or entrepreneurship a major asset
How To Apply
Applications for this role should be submitted through BrighterMonday.