Senior Client Strategist
APPLICATION WINDOW NOW CLOSED
Thank you to all of you who applied for this role. We are currently reviewing applications and conducting interviews.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants if you do not hear from us it means you were unsuccessful on this occasion.
Senior Client Strategist
Full time – 45 hrs per week
The Senior Client Strategist will provide high quality services to entrepreneurs in the Anza Accelerator, work effectively with prominent partners and investors, and manage the direct client services staff in pursuit of Anza’s vision. We are seeking candidates with strategic mindsets and ability to execute quickly and skillfully in a start-up environment.
Open to East African citizens.
Management of Direct Client Services (70%)
- Manage Anza’s client-facing employees, ensuring high-quality and consistent services are being delivered to entrepreneur clients.
- Provide quality control, oversight, and progress tracking of deliverables to clients (i.e. reviewing business plans, websites, etc.)
- Serve as a resource to the Business Development Associates.
- Consult directly to a portfolio of high-growth potential clients, advising them on their business growth, opportunities, and potential risks.
- Develop investable business plans and represent clients in seeking local and international investment and other forms of external funding.
- Present workshops for Anza clients and as part of Anza’s public education and outreach strategy.
- Work closely with the Anza Managing Director to implement evaluations, mentor assignments, and training programs.
Contracts and External Relations (20%)
- Work with the Business Development team to solicit new clients, earned revenue contracts, confirm scope of work, and allocate internal resources for effective project management.
- Represent Anza in panels, working groups, and other external-facing engagements.
Operations and Administration (10%)
- Work with the Managing Director to inform organizational strategy, budgeting, and company development, including expansion planning.
- Support Anza’s fundraising and communications efforts, including providing information and reports to investors and board.
- Maintain appropriate accounting for expenses, working within a budget, and comply with administrative policies and procedures.
The Senior Client Strategist will be an expert in business development in the region. S/he will understand the landscape of social business and SME development in Tanzania and East Africa and will have the network and skills to grow Anza’s support to increasingly sophisticated clients.
Successful candidates must navigate fast-paced and resource-constrained environments with enthusiasm, patience, and imagination. We prefer those individuals who have previously taken on leadership and management responsibilities. Qualifications include:
- Experience working in Tanzania or other growing African economies with small and medium enterprises.
- Strong financial foundation, including financial statement development, profitability analysis, cash flows, etc.
- Proven track record of leadership, planning and management responsibilities, including significant roles in staff supervision and team development.
- Self-starter, with ability to produce results within budget and time deadlines.
- Unrelenting perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple deadlines – must be both strategic and operational.
- Ability to work with high-profile individuals by demonstrating high levels of discretion, professionalism, and responsiveness.
- Familiarity with Tanzanian business regulations and relevant governing bodies.
- Management consulting experience strongly preferred.
Must have excellent written and oral English and Swahili.
- 7+ years of work experience in relevant or applicable field.
- MBA or equivalent strongly preferred.